Choose to Have the Best Smoke-Free Holiday Season!
That wonderful holiday season is here again. Will yours be filled with joy, good company, relaxation and time off work? Or will it be filled with traffic, crowds, stress, too little time, overspending, overeating and wishing it were all over with? Holidays can be a big relapse trigger, so consider today a great day to set yourself up for success.
The secret to having a fun holiday is giving yourself permission to do Only Things That Are Fun, Relaxing And Wonderful to You! This year, commit to saying 'No' to anything you don't have a heartfelt interest in doing.
Choose your activities wisely. Take some well-deserved time off. Do whatever you feel like doing. You may want to just hang out in your house alone for once. Maybe you're a 'go out and mingle with the crowds' person; here are some smoke-free things you could do:
- See a movie matinee with a friend.
- Enjoy a pedicure or manicure.
- Drive through decorated neighborhoods, stop for dessert on the way home.
- Go to dinner somewhere new.
- Visit someone special.
- Volunteer wherever your heart leads you (hospital, animal shelter, elderly neighbor, local shop).
- Buy yourself new, warm flannel sheets and sleep in!
- Go out to breakfast by yourself.
Plan ahead. Actively think about and choose how you want to spend your time! Learn to say 'No' to things that pressure or obligate you needlessly. Say 'Yes!' to an enjoyable and rewarding holiday season, and give yourself the gift of Happiness, today and throughout the coming year.
Happy Holidays, and KTQ!
Vikki Q CTTS-M; Master Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist
Have a Smoke-Free Holiday at the Q: